Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Virtual Book Tour: Publishing Secrets of Fantasy Authors Bruce Skye

A former technical writer, detail is important to Bruce Skye. His research for the Deathsong Chronicles included medieval armor and fortresses, as well as Celtic names and magic. "If you create a world, it must be consistent. And that's what I strive for Grayrider's world to be. I've built a database of material for each of the Deathsong Chronicles. Those databases aid me in keeping the world the same from book to book. "When I wrote Grayrider, I followed the advice of Stephen King. I did not write the book following any sort of outline. I have no more idea than my readers do when I write a novel what will happen in the midst of the story. It makes it more exciting for both the readers and myself." You can visit his website at www.bruceskye.com.

A New York agency readily took my novel Grayrider. A publisher she suggested also seemed to like my work and wanted to publish it. So, what’s my big secret to being published?

In a simple word, practice makes perfect. I had written several modern day suspense novels. This work all agents rejected. But Grayrider had been an idea which had been kicking around in my head for years and I finally put it on paper. And in doing so, I finally found a winning combination of fantasy and suspense a publisher seemed to like.

About the book:

Gabriel, the exiled king of Rivalin, comes before King Airell to warn him the Ansgarian army will invade his kingdom before the night is over. Airell tells him he has no one to send. Gabriel wants revenge for the murder of his family by the Ansgarians. He decides to fight the incursion without help.

As this takes place, Deirdre (Airell’s daughter), flees the kingdom of Cynyr north of Boadhagh. She knows now her mentor, Morrigan, created the Ansgarian army her father has fought for years. She goes south to warn him of her. Because Deirdre does not believe in herself, the young sorceress has difficulty in performing magic.
Once she is reunited with her father, she tells both he and Grayrider about Morrigan. Her power is growing; only Gabriel’s magical sword may yet destroy her. He must go to Cynyr to fight her. He agrees if Deirdre attends him, seeking her counsel.

That journey will be a deadly and momentous one for them both.


Bruce Skye will be on virtual book tour in February '09. Please visit his official tour page here to find out more about him and his new book, Grayrider!

No comments:

Post a Comment